Sunday, October 19, 2008

3 - 0



We're now 3 - 0! I've somehow seemed to take the reigns in coaching Noah's team. The guys did a great job in the game. We won 34 - 18 and beat what was labeled as the best team in the league. Noah caused 3 interceptions and had a safety. He also QB'ed some of the game. (That's my boy!) After the game there were some parents standing and watching their kids play in the game after ours and they were saying and pointing to our team and saying that we're the team to beat. That's cool!!!

Before the game Coach Paul was telling the kids that winning isn't everything, but having fun is. I don't know. I only seem to have fun when I'm winning. There's a sense of completion in winning. You also can rejoice in the finished work. But this is a christian league and they want the kids to feel good about playing.

I talked to Coach Paul after the game about this. I asked him if the Bible doesn't say that we are to run to "win", and didn't Christ "conquer" sin and death. I told him that we shouldn't beat up the kids for doing something bad but they have to learn to play to win.

If you don't play to win then don't play at all.

That just might be me. I'd be interested to here your thoughts on this.

1 comment:

The Clark Family said...

Gabe feels this way too. If you are going to play you must play to win. So I think it is a guy thing, I am all up for just having some fun! Also, I told Gabe if Malachi plays football he can ONLY be the kicker! LOL! So I dont have to worry about him! Your son is too cute!