Monday, December 15, 2008



With Christmas just over a week away I finally finished all my shopping. It feels good to be able to buy nice things for friends and family. Noah was asking me at the mall while we were shopping why we were buying presents for people. I saw it as a great time to teach him another life lesson. I told him that, "We buy people gifts to show them that we love them and appreciate them for the things that they do for us. And just as God sent Jesus to us as a gift, we should offer people a gift. Christmas is about giving, not getting." He understood what I said because after the talk he wanted to buy everything in sight for everybody he knew, especially Eva.

It's great to see that Noah is starting to understand the principle of "giving is better then receiving."

No comments: